Friday, November 21, 2008

Moving Back to the 'Couve!

We have big news! I'm quitting my job, and we're moving back to our condo in Vancouver. Time to leave the working world and join the ranks of the stay at home moms. I'm really looking forward to being able to focus 100% on my family now. I never want to feel guilty spending time with Desmond or get frustrated at him when he needs me. To keep working would mean doing neither my job nor my mothering very well. I've always dreamed of being a stay at home mom, and my last day of work will be January 2nd. This is a huge change for us! We're loosing a third of our income, we'll need to pay for my health insurance, Davin has a longer commute, we're changing states, loosing half of our current square footage, and we're back to common walls and no guest parking. However, I am looking forward to being back in new construction, having plush carpet, drastically smaller utility bills, and an automatic garage door opener! Needless to say, we have lots of packing to do between now and Christmas, and we need to downsize our stuff. This is our 3rd move in 4 years so we're pros, but Desmond definitely changes our normal packing routine! Gotta get a move on!

No comments: