Friday, December 12, 2008

Ready or not, Christmas is Coming!

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that it's December!  With the upcoming move and trying to wrap up work, I don't feel like I have time to get into the "Christmas spirit".  Christmas stuff just becomes one more thing on the to-do list.  We put up a <gasp> fake tree!  It was easier and much quicker than going to chop down our own like we usually do.  I also ordered all my family gifts online so I didn't have to leave the house and fight the crowds with a teething baby.  The presents will come to me.  Hurray!   

IMG_2789 IMG_2798 

IMG_2809Desmond has put a whole new perspective on Christmas for me.  Thinking of Mary giving birth to her firstborn son who would later be killed for the sins of the world takes on new meaning with a son of my own.  I cry when I think about the innocence of a baby and what Mary must have felt.  What an incredible gift for the world!  I don't think it's something I would ever be willing to give.

No comments: