Friday, June 24, 2011

Back Together with Jillian

I was cleared last Tuesday to start exercising again.  I have 50 pounds I want to lose which seems daunting on this side but I know I can do it because I did it before.  It’s just hard knowing I have to make lots of right choices that I often won’t feel like doing at the time and I won’t see an immediate benefit from it either.  Getting up early to exercise and limiting desserts will be the hardest for me.

Last Thursday I started Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred video.  I used this before as my “easy” workout when I didn’t have time for the full workout in Jillian’s book Making the Cut.  Well, a year with little to no exercise and an additional 50 pounds sure makes a difference!  It’s not an easy twenty minutes now.  I’ve got a long way to go, and I can barely do a proper push up, but after a week of working out and making some better eating choices I’ve already lost two pounds.  Today’s workout was also the first time I felt a little stronger.

My first goal is to lose eight pounds by our anniversary in a little less than one month.  My second goal is to be three dress sizes smaller by Christmas, and my third goal is to be at my ideal weight by my birthday in March.  Now, just so I don’t lose the weight too quickly and affect my milk supply.