Sunday, January 06, 2008

Caught in the Act of Upholstery

I've decided to take on a new project... reupholstery! We have an old blue loveseat that I've wanted to recover for awhile. Armed with a good book and my mom's help we dove in last weekend. It took forever to rip it apart! They use a zillion staples and early on we had to take a break to go buy an actual staple pulling tool. We finally got it all apart and took lots of pictures and notes along the way to help us get it back together. The fun part was finally cutting out new pieces and sewing them together to put on the couch. Actually, reuphostery isn't much sewing. It's mostly stapling. Mom will have to come up for another weekend to help finish this thing. I will probably work on it a bit here and there until then. I knew it would be more involved than I thought, but it has been even more involved than that. I have a great sense of accomplishment seeing it come back together. It's going to look really nice when it's all done!

1 comment:

Ronna said...

Keep up the good work.