Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Closet Casualties: Moldy Sh-ews!

I'm getting the urge to clean out closets... I think some people call it nesting. Anyway, on Sunday I went to put on a pair of shoes I haven't worn for a couple months and they were moldy! What? Upon further inspection of my shoes I found that nearly all of them were moldy! Gross! The closet is a dormer so all the walls are exterior (and I must say, uninsulated) walls. It gets very cold in that closet and apparently a bit too moist as well. Our shoes sit on a shelf above our clothes rack next to the slanted roof. Most of the mold grew where the shoes were touching the wall. So, last night we did a run to the store to get some Damp Rid stuff for the closet and a shoe rack so we could store all our shoes somewhere else. It looks like the shoes were the only casualty. I threw away 7 pairs. Bummer... I had some cute shoes. But on the other hand, now I can justify some shoe shopping! And the closet is getting a much needed purging.

No comments: