Wednesday, May 19, 2010

He Gives and Takes Away

I had a follow up ultrasound today. At my first prenatal appointment things "looked suspicious," and today confirmed that the baby is gone. I never got to see a heartbeat or the baby for that matter. There's just an empty sack. My body still thinks it is pregnant, but it looks like things stopped growing about three weeks ago. It's strange but I've had this nagging feeling that something could be wrong, and I never felt that way when I was pregnant with Desmond. I tried just brushing it off as "pregnancy hormones" but my mother's intuition was right. So now we wait for the miscarriage. There's no way to know when my body will get the signal to start the process on its own. The doctor said it could be as long as four weeks. I could also take medication to start contractions which usually finishes up the miscarriage in about 48 hours. Either way seems horrible. I guess I'll wait for now, but it's hard emotionally to have it drawn out. Thank you to those of you who have been praying and continue to pray for us through this difficult time. We praise God for His provision, comfort, and wisdom in directing our little family. "The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD.” Job 1:21