Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Reaching a Big Goal

I’ve been continuing my Jillian Michaels workouts and following most of her nutritional plan.  I have one workout left to complete the 30 days.  (Davin’s planning on joining me as I go through it again next month.)  I’ve lost five inches and 8 pounds this month, and I’m feeling good!  I’ve also finally dipped into my normal BMI range for the first time in probably 4 years.  Normally I like to reward myself by eating ice cream, but this time I think I’ll go shopping for some new smaller clothes that fit me better. 

Last week I went out with some of my mom friends to California Pizza Kitchen.  I looked up the nutritional information beforehand and felt empowered to make a wise decision with my food.  Normally I would have easily made a 1600 calorie choice and justified it because I was out with friends.  This time I ate within my limit for dinner totaling 560 calories and it was satisfying. I control the food; it doesn’t control me!  Before going out for the evening I snapped a few pictures because I was feeling cute.  It’s still hard for my mind to catch up to my slimmer body.

IMG_1512IMG_1518 IMG_1513IMG_1500