Thursday, August 05, 2010

Potty Training - Day 1

So today I decided to start the 3 Day Potty Training Method. I've had several friends have success with this method, and now that the dust is settling from our move I figured now was as good a time as any. Desmond has been using the potty on a regular basis for over a year. He never tells me when he needs to go so we have a few set times we'll put him on and he'll do his business. But just this week he started pooping in his diaper and refusing to do it on the potty. I have my doubts about this working with Desmond's new found stubbornness. Also this may take a bit longer than three days since I don't feel like waiting the recommended 30 days to un-program him from our previous potty stuff.

Here's how day one went: I followed him around from the moment he woke up until the moment he went to sleep waiting to catch him peeing and reminding him over and over to let me know when he had to go. We had 13 accidents and 2 times where he actually told me he needed to go but then complained loudly as I took him to the potty. He complained for all but two of the potty trips we took today although I was heaping on the praise and trying to make running to the potty as fun as possible. I feel a bit drained. We'll do this all again tomorrow. So far no sign of him getting it, but maybe there will be a glimmer of hope tomorrow. We'll see!