Sunday, August 08, 2010

Potty Training – Day 4

This morning was rough!  Desmond stayed dry at his night time potty trips but woke up wet even though I was right there waiting to take him to the bathroom.  (I think the first thing he does before sitting up is pee.)  We stayed home from church and Davin went in to work.  Desmond then proceeded to have three accidents in a row, protesting loudly at being taken to the bathroom, and the third time I was ready to give up.  I told him we could put him in a diaper or his big boy underwear.  He chose the underwear, but I told him it was the last time.  “If you wet again without telling me you need to go potty I’ll put you in a diaper.”  This is NOT abiding by the 3 Day Potty Training Method, but I was feeling frustrated… which also is a no-no for this method to work.  The next two times he wet again but he ran to me telling me he needed to go potty.  That’s a start.  Throughout the rest of the day the only accident we had was during naptime.  Hmmm.  Maybe we’re on to something.  He also loves the new stickers Daddy brought home which is helping him want to go.  I don’t want to throw away the four days of work I’ve put into this, but I don’t want a daily battle on my hands either or having to pack around half a dozen extra sets of clothes everywhere we go.  We’ll try another day and maybe venture out into the world tomorrow to see what happens.