Friday, May 18, 2012

Kaylynn is One!

2012-05-12

Last Saturday we had Kaylynn’s first birthday party.  I tried to not go too overboard with preparations, but still found myself making a first year movie, a party dress, and of course the cake.  I got the cake idea from my recent Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  I combined three different cake ideas and was very happy with how the cute ruffles turned out.  Kaylynn even had her own personal cake to dig into though she did it very neatly.

We had all the family over including Great-Grandma and Davin’s mom and brother.  It was so fun celebrating Kaylynn and looking back on the past year.  I can’t believe how fast it flew by!  Now we almost have a toddler on our hands.  I look forward to seeing how she grows and develops this year.  Happy birthday, Kaylie!  We love you!!!